Manage your DENTPIN | American Dental Association


Your DENTPIN is the key to your dental education, from testing onward. If you have previously applied to test, use your DENTPIN to sign in to your MyAccount below. If not, request your DENTPIN. 

Dental Student Hallway 1

What is DENTPIN?

DENTPIN (DENTal Personal Identifier Number) is a unique, eight-digit number that helps protect your personal identifying information. It replaces the use of Social Security Numbers, Canadian Social Insurance Numbers or Reference Numbers for the dental testing, application and education systems. If you have previously taken or applied to take any dental exam, or if you are a licensed dentist or dental hygienist in the U.S., you already have a DENTPIN please do not register for another. You may search for a forgotten DENTPIN or if you know your DENTPIN but forgot your password, you can retrieve a forgotten DENTPIN password. To change or correct your name or other information, do not register for a new DENTPIN. Instead, complete the DENTPIN Request Form and email it to: If you need to update your address, phone number or reset a password, use the self service feature and Update Your DENTPIN in real time.
DENTPIN Programs
DENTPIN programs

The following exams and applications use DENTPIN. Select one below to learn more about relevant prerequisites, requirements, scores and more.

ADA applications that require DENTPIN

The Dental Admission Test is required before attending dental school.
Topic page
Topic page
The Advanced Dental Admission Test is for those interested in post-graduate programs. 
Topic page
Topic page
The Admission Test for Dental Hygiene should be taken before dental hygiene school.
Topic page
Topic page
The National Board Dental Examinations are part of the licensure process for dentists. 
The National Board Dental Hygiene Examination is part of the licensure process for dental hygienists. 
The Integrated National Board Dental Exam replaces the NBDE Parts I and II.
The DLOSCE is a high stakes licensure examination which began administration in 2020.

Additional applications that require DENTPIN

All U.S. dental schools use the Associated American Dental School Application Service. (AADSAS).
The Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) is for advanced dental education. programs. 
CAAPID is for international dental graduates who want to practice in the U.S. or Canada. 
If you are a Texas resident applying to a Texas dental school, you must complete the TMDSAS. 
The Dental Match program matches applicants to postdoctoral education programs. with applicants. 

Register for a DENTPIN

If you are testing for the first time, you must register for a DENTPIN before you apply to test.