The CDT Code
The Code on Dental Procedures and Nomenclature (the CDT Code) assures consistency in documenting dental treatment.
Overview As announced in the ADA News ADA council creates taskforce to enhance CDT; Task force soliciting dental community input on enhancing CDT Code the ADA Council on Dental Benefit Programs is proceeding with a new project, approved by the ADA Board of Trustees, to review and enhance the Code on Dental Procedures and Nomenclature (CDT Code) so that this ADA code set serves current and evolving needs for robust patient records and accurate claim submissions.
Information about the need for and value of this project, along with specific questions concerning an enhanced CDT Code are in the following PDF (downloadable for your use).
Enhanced CDT Code Community Input Posting
Dental Community Input
The Enhanced CDT Taskforce is seeking community comment on the project in two ways
- By conducting two (2) virtual listening sessions on the following dates if you are interested in providing oral testimony concerning this project. Each speaker will be provided a maximum of 3 minutes during the listening sessions.
- January 27, 2022 (Thursday) – Noon to 1:30 PM Central Time
- February 22, 2022 (Tuesday) – Noon to 1:30 PM Central Time
Register now for the listening sessions via email to email@example.com. Capacity for each session is limited to first 25 registrants.
- Through submission of written comments; the following template is provided to aid in documenting your comments.
Enhanced CDT Code Input Template
- Return your comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 14, 2022.
Email us anytime at email@example.com. You can also reach out to us from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday by phone 800.621.8099.