State Licensure for the International Dentists
Dentists educated outside the United States and Canada may obtain a license to practice dentistry in the United States. The state dental licensure process consists of numerous requirements and can be complex. The ADA has compiled essential resources into one publication to help navigate the licensure process. Save hours of frustrating research by accessing the only comprehensive resource available that covers the entire state licensure process: The ADA Practical Guide for International Dentists: The State Licensure Process.
The downloadable e-book is available through the ADA online catalog and contains valuable information as well as answers questions about:
- admission to the United States
- state licensure requirements
- applying to a dental education or advanced dental education program
- preparing for the written and clinical licensing examinations
- employment opportunities
Before you purchase the guide, download and preview the table of contents below and see for yourself how this comprehensive and affordable resource will guide you through the licensure process.
- Table of Contents (PDF) for the The ADA Guide for International Dentists: The State Licensure Process
Remember to check with the individual state dental board to get the most up-to-date information about dental licensure in a particular state. To get started, visit the state dental boards page and click on the state where you desire licensure.