About Dental Quality Alliance
The Dental Quality Alliance (DQA) was established by the American Dental Association to develop performance measures for oral health care. The DQA is an organization of major stakeholders in oral health care delivery that will use a collaborative approach to develop oral health care measures.
The mission of the Dental Quality Alliance is to advance performance measurement as a means to improve oral health, patient care and safety through a consensus-building process.
- To identify and develop evidence-based oral health care performance measures and measurement resources.
- To advance the effectiveness and scientific basis of clinical performance measurement and improvement.
- To foster and support professional accountability, transparency, and value in oral health care through the development, implementation and evaluation of performance measurement.
Current Member Organizations
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology
- American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry
- American Association for Dental Research
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American College of Prosthodontists
- American Dental Association’s Board of Trustees
- American Dental Education Association
- American Dental Hygienists' Association
- America's Health Insurance Plans
- Council on Advocacy for Access and Prevention (ADA)
- Council on Dental Benefit Programs (ADA)
- Council on Dental Practice (ADA)
- Council on Government Affairs (ADA)
- Delta Dental Plans Association
- Managed Care of North America Dental
- Medicaid-CHIP State Dental Association
- National Association of Dental Plans
- National Network for Oral Health Access
- The Joint Commission
Associate Organizational Members
- Adirondack Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Federal Government Technical Advisors/Liaisons
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Veterans Health Administration