DQA Measure Activities
Opportunity for Comment on Current Activities
Interim Report: From the Measure Development and Maintenance Committee Regarding New Pediatric Measures
The Dental Quality Alliance (DQA) calls for review of its interim report prepared by the Measure Development and Maintenance Committee. This report is to update members of the DQA on the progress of the validation testing for the following pediatric measure concepts identified by the DQA.
- Early tooth loss due to extraction or pulp therapy in primary anterior or molar teeth (Health Status/ Outcome)
- Restoration within 24 months of application of sealant in permanent molar teeth (Outcome)
Please take the time to review the attached interim report and provide your responses to Diptee Ojha at email@example.com no later than November 15, 2014.
Request for Information (RFI): Testing of DQA Quality Measures
The Dental Quality Alliance (DQA) is requesting information regarding the testing of the DQA measures using administrative data. The DQA requests information from the diversified stakeholders as well as organizations that have an interest in dental quality measurement and potentially have the capability to assist with testing of quality measures that require both medical and dental administrative data.
Final deadline for receipt of information is December 15,2014. If you have any questions regarding the RFI, please contact Diptee Ojha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Measure Development Process
Programmatic Administrative Measure Effort
The Dental Quality Alliance is pleased to announce the availability of its first fully tested measures set titled "Dental Caries in Children: Prevention and Disease Management."
Formative Documents for This Measure Set
The DQA is currently working on the following projects:
- Additional Measures for Children (PDF): The DQA is currently testing these measures for feasibility, validity, reliability and usability.
- Treatment Following Sealant Use
- Early Extraction of Permanent Teeth
- Adult Measures Under Consideration (PDF)
- Patient reported outcomes measures (collaboration with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia)
The Dental Quality Alliance has published an E-Measure document titled: Pediatric Oral Healthcare, Exploring the Feasibility for E-Measures. This document explores the feasibility of adapting the DQA's Starter Set of administrative (using claims/eligibility data) measures for pediatric oral health into e-Measures. Document posted on Jan. 10, 2013.
The DQA has developed two eMeasures for potential use within the Stage III Meaningful Use Program.