DQA Measure Activities
Opportunity for Comment on Current Activities
Interim Report: Testing of Pediatric Oral Health Performance Measures
The Dental Quality Alliance (DQA) calls for review of its interim report on the DQA Pediatric Oral Health Performance Measures Testing for the following pediatric oral health performance measures:
- Use of Emergency Room for Caries-Related Reasons,
- Follow-up after Emergency Room Visit, and
- Use of General Anesthesia for Caries-Related Treatment.
Please take the time to review the attached interim report and provide your responses to Diptee Ojha at email@example.com
no later than
September 26th, 2014.
Interim Report: Testing eCQMs in Pediatric Dentistry
This is an Interim Report on the DQA eMeasures project prepared by the University of Florida. The purpose of this report is to support the specification and testing of eMeasures for inclusion in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Meaningful Use (MU) incentive program for eligible professionals (2016 edition of reportable quality measures).
Measure Development Process
Programmatic Administrative Measure Effort
The Dental Quality Alliance is pleased to announce the availability of its first fully tested measures set titled "Dental Caries in Children: Prevention and Disease Management."
Formative Documents for This Measure Set
The DQA is currently working on the following projects:
- Additional Measures for Children (PDF): The DQA is currently testing these measures for feasibility, validity, reliability and usability.
- Use of Emergency Department
- Follow-up After Use of Emergency Department
- Use of General Anesthesia
- Treatment Following Sealant Use
- Early Extraction of Permanent Teeth
- Adult Measures Under Consideration (PDF)
- Patient reported outcomes measures (collaboration with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia)
- e-Measure Effort
The Dental Quality Alliance has published an E-Measure document titled: Pediatric Oral Healthcare, Exploring the Feasibility for E-Measures. This document explores the feasibility of adapting the DQA's Starter Set of administrative (using claims/eligibility data) measures for pediatric oral health into e-Measures. Document posted on Jan. 10, 2013.
The DQA is currently working on developing two eMeasures for potential use within the Stage III Meaningful Use Program.