Councils, Commissions and Committees
There are 11 councils of the Association. Most councils are composed of one member from each of the 17 trustee districts of the Association. All members of councils must be active, life or retired members in good standing of the Association. Most councils meet twice a year, either at the ADA Headquarters Office in Chicago or the Washington D.C. office. The American Dental Political Action Committee is a voluntary non-profit unincorporated committee of dentists and others.
- Council on Access, Prevention and Interprofessional Relations
- Council on ADA Sessions
- Council on Communications
- Council on Dental Benefit Programs
- Council on Dental Education and Licensure
- Council on Dental Practice
- Council on Ethics, Bylaws and Judicial Affairs
- Council on Government Affairs
- Council on Membership
- Council on Members Insurance and Retirement Programs
- Council on Scientific Affairs
- American Dental Political Action Committee
There are two commissions of the Association: the Commission on Dental Accreditation and the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations.
- Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations
The Committee on the New Dentist is a standing committee of the ADA Board of Trustees and is charged with providing the Board with expertise on issues affecting new dentists. This committee is also composed of one member from each of the 17 ADA trustee districts.
The Committee on International Programs and Development (CIPD) is a standing committee of the ADA Board of Trustees. Its duties include advising the Board on matters regarding international oral health, fostering the ADA’s interactions with international organizations, identifying opportunities for ADA participation in international programs and meetings, and ensuring alignment of the ADA’s goals and strategies when engaging in international initiatives.
- Committee on International Programs and Development
Download the complete Councils, Commissions, New Dentist Committee and ADPAC member listing