Code Maintenance Committee (CMC)
CDBP established its Code Maintenance Committee to ensure that all stakeholders have an active role in evaluating and voting on CDT Code changes. It is the body that votes to accept, amend or decline requests. The CMC is expected to arrive at decisions that are in the best interests of the profession and patients, and third-party payers/administrators. CMC membership is:
- Five representatives from the American Dental Association, one of whom will serve as chair
- One representative from each of the nine recognized dental specialty organizations
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry
- American College of Prosthodontics
- One representative from the Academy of General Dentistry
- One representative from each of the following third-party payer organizations
- America's Health Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Delta Dental Plans Association
- National Association of Dental Plans
- One representative from the American Dental Education Association
Next CMC Meeting
The next annual three-day CMC meeting is scheduled to convene at ADA Headquarters in Chicago on March 5 - March 7, 2015 (Thursday-Saturday). Proceedings are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily and will take place in the 2nd floor Auditorium.
- This is an open meeting that includes public comment and discussion of any CDT Code action request before the committee.
- The CMC meeting is when member organization representatives discuss and vote to accept, amend or decline each action request.
Telephone: ADA Members, please use the toll-free number on the back of your membership card; Direct dial, 312.440.2500.