CCEPR Board Members and Organizations
The Board of the Commission includes members appointed by the following organizations:
Recognized Dental Specialty Organizations (one member each) — 9
American Association of Dental Boards (AADB) — 1
American Dental Education Association (ADEA) — 1
American Society of Constituent Dental Executives (ASCDE) — 1
American Dental Association (ADA) — 4
Members of the Commission are appointed to a four year term.
Board of Commissioners
Dr. Joseph P. Fiorellini, Philadelphia, PA, chair
Dr. Nancy R. Rosenthal, Jenkintown, PA, vice chair
Dr. Jeffrey D. Bennett, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Elizabeth Ann Bilodeau, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Monica H. Cipes, West Hartford, CT
Dr. Gary M. DeWood, Scottsdale, AZ
Dr. Debra Dixon, Edwardsville, IL
Dr. Barry Hammond, Augusta, GA
Dr. Bertram J. Hughes, Gainesville, FL
Dr. Mark C. Hutten, Hinsdale, IL
Dr. Karl Keiser, New Braunfels, TX
Dr. Mitchell Jay Lipp, New York, NY
Mr. Conor McNulty, Wilsonville, OR
Dr. Steven E. Parker, Massillon, OH
Dr. Susan Reed, Charleston, SC
Duties of the CCEPR
The duties of the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition, established in the ADA Bylaws, shall be to:
- Formulate and adopt requirements, guidelines and procedures for the recognition of continuing dental education providers.
- Approve providers of continuing dental education programs and activities.
- Provide a means for continuing dental education providers to appeal adverse recognition decisions.
- Submit an annual report to the Association’s House of Delegates and interim reports, on request, and the Commission’s annual budget to the Board of Trustees of the Association.
- Submit the Commission’s rules and amendments to the Association’s House of Delegates for approval by majority vote either through or in cooperation with the Council on Dental Education and Licensure.
Members of the Commission are selected in accordance with the Rules of the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition (PDF) and the Constitution and Bylaws of the American Dental Association.
Members of the Appeal Board of the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition are selected in accordance with the Rules of the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition and the Constitution and Bylaws of the American Dental Association. Appeal Board members are appointed by each of the organizations represented on the Commission, and must have previously served on the Board of Commissioners or the ADA CERP Committee. Current members are listed below.
Dr. Robert E. Binder, Short Hills, NJ
Mr. William Oliver Butler, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Laurie C. Carter, Richmond, VA
Dr. Jeffrey G. Chaffin, Madison, WI
Ms. Carol J. Dingeldey, Southington, CT
Dr. Alan L. Felsenfeld, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. David A. Felton, Jackson, MS
Dr. Ralph L. Howell, Jr., Suffolk, VA
Dr. John H. Kobs, Holland, MI
Dr. Mario E. Ramos, Midland Park, NJ
Dr. Harold S. Seigel, Falls Church, VA
Dr. Denise A. Trochesset, Stony Brook, NY
Dr. Kenneth J. Zucker, St. Paul, MN