All CDT Code changes will become effective on Jan. 1, 2023.
CDT 2023 is the complete upcoming edition of the most up-to-date codes and descriptors, and the Coding Companion Kit compiles hundreds of frequently asked coding questions and dental coding scenarios.
The CDT 2023 App and e-book are included with the purchase of the kit, providing more digital resources for desktop computers, tablets and phones.
New CDT 2023 content includes:
• Revisions to the intraoral full mouth series (FMX) imaging procedure codes, simplifying their nomenclatures and descriptors.
• Six guided tissue regeneration procedure codes that enable documenting delivery to a natural tooth, an implant, or an edentulous area – and whether the GTR procedure involves placement of a resorbable or nonresorbable membrane
• A new code to document removal of the nonresorbable membrane, as this is a distinct procedure delivered at a separate time, and possibly by a different dentist, than the GTR procedure.
• Three codes for reporting HPV vaccinations.
• Six diagnostic imaging codes for tomosynthesis, an emerging intraoral imaging procedure for capture of a comprehensive radiographic survey, as well as bitewings and periapicals.
• Four new codes to document 3D dental and facial surface scanning procedures: direct when the patient is present, and indirect when a physical model, such as a diagnostic cast, is involved.
• Revisions to nomenclatures or descriptors of various codes in periodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics and adjunctive general services to clarify the nature and scope of the procedure.
Save 15% on CDT 2023 products by using the promo code 22114 by Oct. 28.
Additional information about codes is available at ADA.org/en/publications/cdt/coding-education.