Scientists from the American Dental Association Science & Research Institute will share their research at the 51st Annual Meeting and Exhibition of the American Association for Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Research.
The meeting will take place March 21-26 both virtually and in person in Atlanta in conjunction with the 46th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Association for Dental Research. The ADASRI is a 2022 AADOCR/CADR Silver Scientific Session Sponsor of the meeting.
Research presented by ADASRI scientists will include the following 13 abstracts:
- "Calcium and Phosphate Ion Release from Experimental Remineralizing Dental Composites," presented by Stanislav Frukhtbeyn, senior research associate.
- "Characterization of Materials Used to Produce Orthodontic Sequential Aligners," presented by Raquel Miera, research scientist.
- "Connexin-43/MAPK Mechanisms Control Osteoblast-Endothelial Interaction," presented by Eun-Jin Lee, Ph.D., senior research associate.
- "Development of Fluorapatite-Titanium Composites for Dental Implant Applications," presented by Eaman Karim, Ph.D., senior scientist.
- "Discovery of Novel Cell Subpopulations in Human Gingival Epithelia," presented by Quinn Easter, Ph.D., senior research associate.
- "Effect of E-cigarette Vaping Temperature on Growth of Streptococcus mutans," presented by Shinae Kim, Ph.D., manager.
- "Fluorapatite and CaF2 Formation in Low Concentration Fluoride-Calcium-Phosphate Complex Solutions," presented by Shozo Takagi, Ph.D., emeritus scientist.
- "Influence of Water in Accelerated Degradation of 3Y-TZP Powder," presented by Yifeng Liao, Ph.D., senior principal scientist.
- "Metal Analysis in E-cigarette Aerosol Produced at High Power," presented by Taejun Ko, Ph.D., postdoctoral research scientist.
- "Mounting Configuration as a Variable in Light Transmission Measurements in Spectrometer/Integrating-Sphere Systems," presented by Henry Lukic, senior research associate.
- "A Self-applied Fluoride-Calcium-Phosphate Complex Treatment Reduced Dentin Hydraulic Conductance," presented by Laurence Chow, Ph.D., emeritus chief research scientist.
- "Stress, Burnout, and Wellness in U.S. Dentists during COVID-19 Pandemic," presented by Cameron Estrich, Ph.D., manager.
- "Tunable Hydroxyapatite Bioscaffolds Using Underwater 3-D Printing Method," presented by Yoontae Kim, Ph.D., postdoctoral research assistant.
ADASRI researchers will also participate in the following meeting activities:
- Marcelo Araujo, D.D.S., Ph.D., ADASRI chief executive officer and ADA chief science officer, organized two of the meeting's symposia: "The AADOCR Code of Ethics" and "Ethical Translation of Research to Clinical Practice."
- Kevin Byrd, D.D.S., Ph.D., senior manager and Anthony R. Volpe Research Scholar, will speak as part of the hands-on workshop "Single-Cell and Spatial Multiomics Resources to Advance Salivary Research." This work is supported by a grant from Colgate-Palmolive.
- Olivia Urquhart, senior research associate, will speak as part of the symposium "Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guideline for Managing Acute Dental Pain."