The ADA has updated the ADA Dental Drug Handbook: A Quick Reference as well as The Chairside Instructor, both available for order through the ADA Catalog.
Created by a team of dentists, pharmacists, scientists and experts in pharmacology, the ADA Dental Drug Handbook: A Quick Reference, Second Edition, delivers concise and accurate information about prescribed medications used in dentistry.
This second edition includes the latest, most up-to-date information to assist in treating patients.
The handbook includes:
• Detailed, full-color drug monographs with black box warnings, cautions and contraindications, potential adverse reactions and possible drug interactions.
• Sample prescriptions with dosage, frequency and route of administration.
• Information on over-the-counter products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
• ADA resources on procedures such as general anesthesia, antibiotic prophylaxis and medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw.
• Tables presenting adverse drug reactions, drug interactions and generic brands.
The Chairside Instructor, 12th Edition, has been revised to include 50 new images and the most up-to-date patient education information on topics ranging from daily hygiene to identifying symptoms of sleep apnea.
New and expanded content includes these topics:
• Wisdom teeth removal.
• Children’s airways.
• Dry mouth.
• Dental emergencies.
More than 220 full-color photos and illustrations can educate patients as well as train members of the dental team.
The manual is available in English or Spanish as a book, e-book or app.
To order, visit ADACatalog.org or call the ADA Member Service Center at 1-800-947-4746. ADA members can save 15% on ADA Catalog products by using the promo code 21114 by Nov. 19.