Jobs at the ADA
Who We Are: It all starts with purpose.
We are a purpose-driven nonprofit with a dynamic staff culture.
With a meaningful purpose, motivated staff and excellent benefits, working here will definitely have you smiling! The ADA’s headquarters is located just steps from Chicago’s Magnificent Mile and close to public transportation. With more than 400 colleagues, the ADA Staff are some of the most talented people in the Chicago, Washington D.C. and Maryland area. Come join our team!
DIVERSITY and EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The ADA values diversity of backgrounds and experiences and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified job candidates and engages in an active affirmative action program. The ADA is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in open positions without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.
ADA Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The ADA cares about the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits plans reflect this and offer our employees competitive options. This summary is intended to provide a general overview of many of our plans. A complete summary of applicable specific benefit plans will be provided during the employment process.
Protecting Your Health
The ADA provides quality healthcare benefits that are affordable for employees and the company.
- Medical coverage options include a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) and a Consumer Driven Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA). The ADA provides employees with a contribution to their Health Savings Account (HSA).
- We offer a direct reimbursement dental plan at no cost to employees and their dependents.
Insuring Your Life and Income
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) at no cost to the employee.
- Supplemental Life Insurance options for employee, spouse and child(ren) are available.
- Employee Leave Plans include paid leave for maternity leave, parental/bonding for mothers and fathers and family care leave to take care of a loved one.
- Disability Plans include short-term and long-term disability
- Travel Accident insurance provides employees with insurance while traveling on ADA business.
Balancing Your Life and Work
- Vacation and Personal Days: Paid time off includes vacation days as well as personal days. Eligibility depends upon the employee’s position and length of service. In addition, the ADA offers 10 Holidays for eligible employees.
- Sick/Emergency Leave: The ADA provides a maximum of six (6) paid sick or emergency days annually for full-time employees.
- Reimbursement Accounts: These accounts allow employees to contribute money on a before-tax basis to cover eligible expenses, per Internal Revenue Service guidelines. There are two accounts: The Health Care Flexible Spending Account for healthcare expenses for employees and dependents, and a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account for child care or dependents incapable of self-care.
- Transit/Commuter Parking Program: Employees may set aside pre-tax dollars for certain transportation and parking expenses.
- Employee Assistance Program: The ADA provides at no cost to employees, a program to help manage the demands of everyday life. This assistance includes consultations, referrals, financial services and manager consultations all on a confidential basis.
- Tuition Assistance & Adoption Benefit: The ADA provides employees with a reimbursement towards their tuition costs and adoption fees.
Savings & Planning for Your Future
- The ADA currently offers competitive retirement benefits that include a 401k Plan which allows employees the opportunity to contribute from 2 percent to 50 percent of total pay on a pre-tax and Roth 401(k) basis up to the IRS maximum and the provides an annual contribution at the end of each year in the amount of 4% of salary.
- The Association also provides a pension plan to employees.
- Student Loan Refinancing is available through a benefit partner.
- Long-term care plan is available where employees may elect to apply for long-term care insurance coverage at their cost. Benefit examples include activities of daily living, home health care, respite care as well as care in a nursing home and assisted living facility.
Current benefits are subject to change at any time and the ADA does not guarantee the continuation of any current and/or future benefit.
- Judith Fleeks, Chief Human Resources Officer — Named Notable Leader in HR 2021 by Crain’s Chicago Business
- Christopher Tampio, Director, Congressional Affairs — Recipient of The Hills Top Lobbyists 2020
- ADA Video Team, Jessica Hernandez, Ben Maizell, Bill Holland and Jenn Sutherland
Recipents of two Silver 2020 Telly Awards in Non-Broadcast Craft Editing and Non-Broadcast General-Social Responsibility, for the American Dental Association 2019 Humanitarian Award Video
Recipients of a Bronze 2020 Telly Award in Non-Broadcast Craft-Fully Animated Piece for the ADA Seal of Acceptance—Plaquebusters Video
- Kathleen T. O’Loughlin, D.M.D., Executive Director
Recipient of “Woman of Influence Award 2019” by Association Forum
- Michael Graham, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs
Recipient of “Association Lobbyist Award 2019” by CEO Update
- Stephanie Moritz, Chief Communications Officer
Named “Marketing Executive of the Year 2018” and “Female Professional of the Year 2018” by Golden Bridge Awards
THE ADA HAS A GLASSDOOR 4.3-STAR REVIEW RATING
- 80% recommend to a friend to work at the ADA
- 87% CEO approval rate
American Dental Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law / EEO is the Law Supplement documents. You may view the ADA’s EEO Policy and Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on respective links. If you would like to review the ADA’s AAP, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.