New Dentist Committee
2018–2019 ADA New Dentist Committee
What is the ADA New Dentist Committee?
The New Dentist Committee serves as the voice of the new dentist. Comprising of 17 members representing each of the ADA's regional districts, the New Dentist Committee is a national committee of the ADA Board of Trustees. Their primary purpose is to advise the Board of Trustees on matters relating to new dentists. They:
- Review and advise the Board on member benefits and the member experience from a new dentist perspective
- Review and make recommendations regarding policy affecting new dentists.
- Promote the role of new dentists and foster leadership development in national, state and local societies
- Recommend to the Board the names of new dentists from within or outside the NDC to serve as the new dentist member on ADA councils, committees or commissions
- Work with the Advisory Committee on Annual Meetings on the successful implementation of a new dentist program at the ADA annual meeting
- Advise on and assist in implementation of the ADA dental school strategy, including oversight of the ADA Success program
- And address other matters as assigned by the Board of Trustees
The Committee typically meets twice per year and provides recommendations on policies and programs that meet the needs of new dentists.
New Dentist Conference
The Committee also hosts the New Dentist Conference, now part of the ADA annual meeting, bringing together new dentists to network, earn CE, advance leadership skills and have fun.
The State and Local New Dentist Voice
New dentists from across the country participate in new dentist committees or other leadership roles at the state and local level. To find out more about your state or local new dentist committee or to get more new dentists involved in leadership, contact your state dental society or reach out to your New Dentist Committee representative listed below.
Make your voice heard!
Do you have an idea or concern? Reach out to your New Dentist Committee representative today or contact the New Dentist Committee office at email@example.com.
New Dentist Committee Roster 2019–2020
District 16 Representative (NC, SC, VA)
Daniel W. Hall, D.M.D
603 Wren School Road
District 1 Representative (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
James E. Lee, D.M.D.
572 Pleasant St., Suite 1F
District 2 Representative (NY)
Lauren E. Vitkus, D.D.S.
6428 Winding Creek Way
District 3 Representative (PA)
Seth Walbridge, D.M.D.
485 Cypress Lane
District 4 Representative (DE, DC, MD, NJ, PR, VI)
Steve Feldman, D.D.S.
15321 Carrolton Road
District 5 Representative (AL, GA, MS)
Alena R. Lotz, D.M.D.
District 6 Representative (KY, MO, TN, WV)
Sean Aiken, D.M.D.
139 Saint Matthews Avenue
District 7 Representative (IN, OH)
Alex T. Mellion, D.M.D.
41 Baker Blvd
District 8 Representative (IL)
Ben Youel, D.D.S.
160 Commerce Drive, Suite 101
District 9 Representative (MI, WI)
Gabriel B. Holdwick, D.D.S.
415 State Street
Harbor Beach, MI
District 10 Representative (IA, MN, NE, ND, SD)
Jarod W. Johnson, D.D.S.
2023 Cedar Plaza Drive
District 11 Representative (AK, ID, MT, OR, WA)
Brooke Fukuoka, D.M.D.
District 12 Representative (KS, OK, AR, LA)
Daryn Lu, D.D.S.
16 NE 2nd St
Oklahoma City, OK
District 13 Representative (CA)
Kevin Kai, D.D.S.
601 Van Ness Avenue, Apt 951
San Francisco, CA
District 14 Representative (AZ, CO, HI, NV, NM, UT, WY)
Lindsay M. Compton, D.D.S.
8595 Ralston Road
District 15 Representative (TX)
Jonathan Vogel, D.D.S.
District 17 Representative (FL)
Board of Trustees Liaison
Dr. Paul Leary
Tera Lavick, director
General Contact Information
New Dentist Committee
211 East Chicago Avenue, 20th Floor
Chicago, IL 60611