Individuals seeking dental licensure and continuing education (CE) requirements are strongly urged to consult with the respective state board of dentistry for additional information in addition to using the maps below. Definitions and explanations of licensure pathways and abbreviations (e.g., ADEX, CIF exams, PGY1, OSCE) used on the map can be found on the Licensure Pathways page.
Note: Recommended browser is Chrome.
Click on the state or territory you’re interested in to see detailed information including links to applications and the state dental board website. A PDF of the information is available to download or print by clicking on the PDF icon (Export to PDF) in the upper right corner of the title bar.
From the green Dental Licensure Dashboard below select the:
- Initial Licensure Requirements map
- CE Requirements & Renewal map or
- Licensure by Credentials map
COVID-19 Updates Related to Licensure:
- COVID-19 related licensure updates are listed next to each state in the second column of the table located below the map. The state dental board is the appropriate agency to contact for the most current and up-to-date information about licensure requirements during this time.
- The Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations website provides current information on national dental and dental hygiene examinations, test administration eligibility windows and testing centers.
- The clinical testing agency websites provide updates on pending and future clinical examination schedules. Access the Dental Licensure and Continuing Education (CE) Maps