Dental and Optometric Care Access Act (DOC Access Act)
The ADA is working to prevent dental insurers from interfering when a contract dentist agrees to furnish a non-plan service to a patient who knows the service not covered by his or her plan. This includes preventing insurers from arbitrarily changing the terms and conditions of the practitioner's contract without the practitioner's acknowledgement and acceptance of the new terms of service.
- May 24, 2021—Letter (PDF) Thanking Senators Manchin and Cramer for introducing S. 1793 DOC Access Bill.
- May 24, 2021—Letter (PDF) Thanking Representative Clarke, Carter, Soto, and McKinley for introducing H.R. 3461 DOC Access Bill.
- November 13, 2020—Letter (PDF) Thanking Senators Manchin and Cramer for for leading S.4894 the Senate DOC Access bill.
- October 15, 2019—Letter (PDF) thanking Reps. Loebsack and Carter for leading H.R. 3762 DOC Access Act
- July 16, 2019—Letter (PDF) thanking Reps. for sponsoring H.R. 3762 DOC Access Act
- April 24, 2017—Letter (PDF) urging the House Committee on Energy and Commerce to favorably report H.R. 1606, the Dental and Optometric Care Access Act (DOC Access Act).
The Association's positions are based on the major policies and positions (PDF) (Members Only) adopted by the ADA House of Delegates.
Related stories from the dental profession's most widely read news source, ADA News.
Prepared by: Division of Government and Public Affairs
Last Updated: October 17, 2019