Federal Dental Services
The ADA is working with policy makers to affirm the responsibility and authority of dentists charged with providing oral health care in their respective federal services.
- Securing the necessary funding and resources for federal service dentists to provide optimal dental care to military personnel and their families, and otherwise fulfill their mission(s).
- Appropriately compensating federal dentists in a manner consistent with their training, experience, and the difficult circumstances in which they practice.
- Establishing a 2-star General or Admiral rank, or equivalent civilian grade, for chief dental officers in all federal dental services.
The Association's priorities are based on the major policies and positions (PDF) (Members Only) adopted by the ADA House of Delegates.
Letters and Testimony
- April 27, 2021—Letter (PDF) thanking Senator Mike Lee for introducing S. 1084 the Military Spouse Licensing Relief Act of 2021, which will allow military spouse dentists licensing reciprocity in the state where their spouse is serving.
- February 26, 2021—Letter (PDF) Thanking Senators Durbin and Rubio for introducing Strengthening America’s Health Care Readiness Act, which will expand the NHSC and better help address workforce disparities and shortages.
- December, 14, 2020—Letter (PDF) to the Biden Transition Team, requesting that they continue to support the Veterans Administration Pilot Program for Dental Healthcare Access.
- December 4, 2020—Comments (PDF) on the VA interim final rule Authority of VA Professionals to Practice Healthcare.
- October 30, 2019— Coalition letter (PDF) urging the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee to approve S. 2629, the United States Public Service Modernization Act of 2019, which would allow the Indian Health Service to back fill health care positions vacated when Regular Corps service members are deployed for public health emergencies.
- June 23, 2015—Coalition letter (PDF) urging members of the Senate Armed Services Committee and the House Armed Services Committee to oppose section 502 of the Senate version of the National Defense Authorization Act of Fiscal Year 2016.
- June 4, 2015—Letter (PDF) urging members of the House Armed Services Committee to oppose section 502 of the Senate version of the National Defense Authorization Act of Fiscal Year 2016.
- June 3, 2015—Letter (PDF) urging members of the Senate Armed Services Committee to oppose section 502 of the Senate version of the National Defense Authorization Act of Fiscal Year 2016.
Letters and Testimony reflect the Association's position(s) on specific bills, regulations, and other policy issues, and are based on the major policies and positions (PDF) (Members Only) adopted by the ADA House of Delegates.
STAY INFORMED about the latest legislative and regulatory happenings.
- Subscribe to the monthly e-publication, Government and Public Affairs Update.
- Access the State Legislative Report (members only).
- Subscribe to the RSS feed for ADA News Today.
- Learn about legislative and regulatory issues that could affect dentists as practitioners, employers, and consumers.
TAKE ACTION by talking to your legislators.
1111 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
FDS Membership Office
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
Last updated on April 28, 2020