Each year twenty-five U.S. dentists are selected to participate in this extraordinary, tuition-free program. Participants are reimbursed for travel expenses to attend three sessions held at ADA Headquarters in Chicago. The Institute Class of 2023–2024 will convene in Chicago for two-day sessions on the following dates
November 30-December 1, 2023
August 22-23, 2024
December 5-6, 2024
Promising leaders, who are members of racial, ethnic and/or gender groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in leadership, are encouraged to apply.
Institute Application Form
Candidate Reference Form
There is no fee to apply and participation is open to all active, licensed dentists, residing in the U.S. regardless of their ADA membership status. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated leadership potential within dental associations or their communities. Application deadline is April 28, 2023.
To complete the IDL Application you will need to provide:
- Contact and demographic information
- Educational history
- Employment history
- Names of two references
- Answers to the following essay questions:
- Please share your reasons for participating in the ADA Institute for Diversity in Leadership. What are your strengths as a leader and what leadership skills do you want to develop further? After completing the program, what kinds of leadership/volunteer roles would you hope to fill with dental associations, other associations, community organizations or other organizations?
- Please describe a situation or project where you demonstrated your talent or promise as a leader. Please include information on results and lessons learned.
- Please discuss an issue of social or political concern that impacts the dental profession or your community. Why is this issue important and what could be done to resolve the issue at the local, state or national levels? Would you consider pursuing a leadership project in this area through the Institute for Diversity in Leadership?
If you have questions, please contact: Susana Galvan at 312.440.2809 or firstname.lastname@example.org.