ADA News and JADA: Permissions and Reprints
- All content in The Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA) and the ADA News and related works is copyrighted by the American Dental Association.
- No content may be reproduced in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, scanning, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, without requesting permission. Permission is never granted to allow use of ADA owned content, logos or covers for endorsements, implied or otherwise, of third-party products or services, or as part of advertisements or advertising supplements.
- Permissions granted by the ADA’s Publishing Division or the Copyright Clearance Center apply only to copyrighted material that the American Dental Association owns, and not to any copyrighted materials or illustrations owned by third parties, that may be incorporated into the material requested; the requester must seek permission directly from the original publisher or copyright owner.
- All borrowed material must contain the following credit line: author, article title, journal name, year, volume and page numbers and “Copyright © [year of publication] American Dental Association. All rights reserved. Reprinted by permission.”
- Please contact the ADA’s Publishing Division directly to request permission to reproduce ADA News material for personal, professional or educational purposes, including requests for permission to republish tables, figures, illustrations and articles in other publications.
- All requests must be in writing, using the forms provided below. All permissions are granted for one-time usage only, and a fee may be assessed. Permission will not be granted over the phone, or within one month of publication of the material in the ADA News.
- To receive a prompt reply, please send your completed form to the ADA’s Publishing Division via email at email@example.com. Each request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- If you have any questions about the permissions process, please contact us at the email address shown above. Providing incomplete information may delay the permissions process. Requests for permission are granted at the ADA Publishing Division’s sole discretion. No permission is granted unless and until you receive a written permission letter from the ADA’s Publishing Division.
Please complete the appropriate form below and mail, fax or email it to the Publishing Division. Please include the complete reference citation to the article in your request.
A. Reprinting ADA News Photos, Tables, and Illustrations
Please include photocopies or pdf files of the photos, tables, and illustrations as they will appear in your work along with your request. Requests will be considered for print, Internet, and other digital or electronic formats. Please complete the following form:
- ADA News Photos/Tables/Illustrations Permission Request Formhttp: for Republication of Photos, Tables, and Illustrations from the ADA News (DOC)
B. Reprinting ADA News Full-Text Articles
a) Please complete the ADA News Full-Text Article in Print Format or on Internet Website Request Form and submit the form to the Publishing Division, American Dental Association. All requests for full-text reproduction of ADA News articles on any public Website are considered on a case-by-case basis.
C. Photocopying ADA News Full-Text Articles
a) For fewer than 100 photocopies of full-text articles, please complete the ADA News Photocopying Permission Request Form (DOC).
b) Photocopying ADA News full-text articles in quantities of 100 or more is not permitted. However, please see below for information regarding ordering reprints for quantities of 100 or more copies.
1. ADA members and paid JADA subscribers have full access free of charge to all issues and all content in the JADA Online archive. All other non-member dentists and non-subscribers must pay an access fee.
2. The following content is free to all visitors at all times:
- Table of Contents and Abstracts
- Critical Summaries
- Ethical Moment
- For the Dental Patient
- Government-funded articles published more than 12 months previous and back to 2000.
3. All non-members and non-JADA subscribers must pay an access fee per article for all articles not listed in item 2 above.
B. Single Copies of Pre-1995 JADA Articles and ADA News Articles
If you wish to obtain single copies of pre-1995 JADA articles or any past ADA News articles for personal use only, call the library at 312.440.2653.