The dental practice model is changing. Solo practices are slowly being replaced by various types of group practices, including dental service organizations (DSOs). The Health Policy Institute has compiled new data on the size of the DSO market and the demographic profile of dentists that practice in these models. Which states have the highest DSO market share? Are DSO-affiliated dentists more likely to accept Medicaid? Which dental schools tend to have graduates who affiliate with DSOs? Watch a recording of this "data unveiling" and an interactive panel discussion about DSOs and their possible implications for the future of dentistry.
Marko Vujicic, Chief Economist & Vice President, ADA Health Policy Institute
- Dave Preble, Vice President, ADA Practice Institute
- Stephen E. Thorne IV, Founder, President & CEO, Pacific Dental Services
- Dmitry Edelchik, Director of Marketing, Planmeca USA
- How Big Are Dental Service Organizations? (PDF) (Updated July 2020)
- Do Dentist Practice Patterns Vary by Dental School of Graduation? (PDF) (Updated July 2020)