Manage your finances
Explore the many steps in the home lending process and the benefits of the new Dentist Mortgage from Laurel Road.
Federally funded scholarships that may be of interest to you:
Scholarships for disadvantaged students:
These scholarships provide funds to eligible schools for full-time, financially needy students from disadvantaged backgrounds enrolled in health professions programs. For more information, call Health Resources & Services Administration,
National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship Program
Dental students may compete for NHSC scholarships beginning in their sophomore and junior years. The program offers payment of tuition and fees, books, supplies, and equipment and includes a monthly stipend. In exchange, recipients must agree to provide oral health services for a minimum of two years in any underserved community identified by the NHSC as being a critical need area. For more information, call NHSC,
Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarships (HPSP)
The U.S. Armed Services offer scholarships to dental students that pay tuition, fees, books and a monthly stipend. All are highly competitive programs. The active duty obligation is one year of service for each year of scholarship support with a minimum of three years of active duty service. Scholarships are available annually from all service branches. For information contact the individual branches of service.
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) Short-Term Training Awards
This program provides underrepresented minority and women dental students an opportunity to obtain research experience during their professional training. Recipients receive a monthly stipend during training periods. Applicants must be enrolled at a U.S. dental school and be a U.S. citizen, a noncitizen national of the U.S., or lawfully admitted for permanent residence. All minorities are eligible, but NIDCR determines if minority status is underrepresented. All recipients must sign an agreement that they will fulfill payback requirements. For more information contact NIDCR at
In addition to scholarships, there are branches of the federal service that offer financial assistance and/or loan forgiveness to dental students in exchange for a work commitment. Find out more by viewing the websites below for these organizations:
Highlights of the Laurel Road Student Loan Refinance Program include:
- Qualifying ADA members receive a 0.25% rate reduction to Laurel Road’s already low rates for the life of the loan
- Additional 0.25% rate discount when monthly payments are made automatically from a bank account
- Forgiveness in the event of borrower’s death or permanent disability
- Dedicated customer service representatives
- Free online application with no obligation to accept
- No application, origination or prepayment fees
- No maximum loan size (minimum loan size of $5,000)
- Federal and private student loans from undergraduate and graduate school are eligible. View rates, terms and conditions and disclosures at LaurelRoad.com/ADA.
Questions about your loan?
Contact Laurel Road at