SmileCon® will take place October 5–7, 2023 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL.
The American Dental Association (ADA) welcomes appropriately credentialed members of the press (such as editors, reporters, bloggers, podcasters, and health and medical writers), as well as corporations and organizations, to request SmileCon press credentials. Any questions about these press policies or media registration may be directed to ADA Media Relations.
Press Registration FAQs and Policies
Who can apply for SmileCon press credentials?
Working members of the press may apply for press credentials by completing and submitting the Press Form (below). Please note, completion of this form does not guarantee press credentials. Within ten business days of receiving the Press Form, the ADA will review your application and notify you accordingly. Requests submitted without supporting documents will not be reviewed or approved.
What are the appropriate credentials?
- At least two published, bylined editorial/news articles, podcast episodes, etc. from the last 12 months related to dental health or a related topic.
- Two published, bylined samples of coverage from a previous SmileCon meeting.
Who should not register as press?
- Editors, writers, and scientific advisory board members for publications that do not have editorial news sections.
- Companies or organizations producing publications, videos, blogs, and/or other electronic media intended for internal use, marketing, advertising, financial analysis, or public relations purposes.
- Financial analysts.
- Sales, advertising, marketing, or public relations personnel.
- Representatives from dental or medical education companies.
What if I don’t qualify for credentials?
Those who do not qualify for press credentials can still register for SmileCon, but without press access. For registration pass options and prices, please visit the Registration page. Please note, the Dental Central Pass only grants access to Presentations and Experiences & Conversations within Dental Central.
How do I sign up for a badge?
Once your application has been approved and you are eligible to attend SmileCon as a member of the press, you will receive a registration group code and instructions. You will use the provided group code to register for SmileCon as a member of the press.
During registration you can also book a hotel room in one of the SmileCon official hotel room blocks through the registration system.
Where can I pick up my press badge?
Pre-registered, credentialed press will be able to pick up their badges at the Press Counter located in Registration area during the following days/times:
Thursday, Oct. 5: 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 6: 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 7: 9 a.m.–12 p.m.
If you are pre-registered and need to print your badge outside of the hours listed above, you can visit an Attendee Badge Print Counter.
If you need additional assistance, please contact ADA Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Onsite Media Rules
The following rules apply only to registered media. All other meeting attendees are required to adhere to the general SmileCon policies displayed during online registration.