National Board results are now available in My Account. Follow these instructions on how to access your results.
To report issues and incidents of fraud, content compromise and sharing of test content, and breaches of test integrity and testing contract, please contact the Department of Testing Services at TestSecurity@ada.org.
The DENTPIN® (DENTal Personal Identifier Number) is a unique personal identifier for professionals and students involved with the U.S. dental education system and standardized testing programs. If you tested or applied to test, a DENTPIN has been assigned to you and you can retrieve it by selecting DENTPIN® Retrieval from the navigation bar on the left.
You must retrieve or register for a DENTPIN® from this site and use it to apply to a dental education program or application service, apply to test, or request a score report.
The name on your identification card(s) (IDs) must match exactly with the name in your DENTPIN® record. If the name in your DENTPIN record and the name on your IDs do not match exactly, you will be denied admission to testing and will forfeit your testing appointment and fee. You will be required to submit a new application and fee.
To avoid delays in processing your application and score request, be sure that the information you provide to the following programs/organizations is accurate and identical (legal name, date of birth, and DENTPIN®).
The following programs use the DENTPIN® to identify professionals and students for the confidential, secure reporting, transmission and tracking of test scores and testing data:
- Dental Admission Test (DAT)
- National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) Part I/Part II
- National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE)
- Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT)
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Associated American Dental Schools Application Services (AADSAS)
- Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS)
- ADEA Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS),
- ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID)
- Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program (Match)
Retrieve DENTPIN® or password
If you tested or applied to test, a DENTPIN® has been assigned to you. To retrieve your DENTPIN®, you will need to enter your:
- full name as it appears on your government issued ID (first name, middle name, last name). If you tested under a different name (for example a maiden name), do not register for a new DENTPIN®, instead complete the DENTPIN® request form below.
- date of birth (follow the format from the drop down menu).
- email address
- if you have forgotten your DENTPIN®, retrieve your DENTPIN® from the navigation bar on the left.
- if you know your DENTPIN® but have forgotten your password, retrieve your password using DENTPIN® Retrieval from the navigation bar on the left.
If you have difficulty retrieving your DENTPIN® or password, please complete the DENTPIN® request form below and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to spam/junk filters, we recommend adding ADA.org to your confirmed/saved senders list.
Update DENTPIN® Information
Do not register for a new DENTPIN® if you need to correct/update/reset your:
- mailing address
- phone number
- email address
Instead, please Update Your DENTPIN®. This is a self-service feature for you to use and your corrections/updates/reset will upload in real time to our system. There is no wait time for processing.
Change Your DENTPIN® Information
Do not register for a new DENTPIN® if you need to change or correct:
- your name (e.g., if married/divorced name or spelling does not perfectly match your ID)
- your birth date
Instead, please download and complete the DENTPIN Form (PDF) to change your information and email it to: email@example.com.
If you experienced a problem and have already contacted us, we appreciate your patience as resolution may take five to seven business days.
Register for a DENTPIN®
Please do not register for a DENTPIN® if you have previously tested or applied to test for the DAT, NBDE Part I/Part II, NBDHE or ADAT. If you have taken or applied to take any of the exams, you already have a DENTPIN®. Retrieve your DENTPIN® .
If you are testing for the first time, you must register for a DENTPIN® before you apply to test. Please register using your legal name as it appears on your government issued ID (first name, middle name, last name). When entering your email address, please use your personal address (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) and not your school email address, which may be obsolete after you graduate. Please note that due to spam and junk filters, some ADA.org emails may end up in your junk/spam inbox. Our office recommends adding ADA.org to your confirmed/saved senders list.
Apply to Test
The name on your IDs must match exactly with the name in your DENTPIN® record. If the name in your DENTPIN® record and the name on your IDs do not match exactly, you will be denied admission to testing and forfeit your testing appointment and application fee. You will be required to submit a new application and fee. The ADAT application has closed for 2019. It will open again in 2020.
Use your DENTPIN® to apply to take the:
Send Official Score Reports and National Board Results Requests
Use your DENTPIN® to send an ADAT or DAT official score report or National Board Dental/Dental Hygiene Examination Results Requests.