Advocacy and Coalition Building
“We cannot accomplish all that we need to do without working together.”
– Bill Richardson
As an entity that serves members’ needs and concerns, engaging in public policy and advocacy activities to promote organizational and sector interests is vital. In addition, leveraging coordination among a variety of alliances to maximize resources for communities served can be powerful.
Action for Dental Health – A nationwide, community-based movement aimed at ending the dental health crisis facing America today.
Action Team Leader Toolkit – Help your Action Team Leader (ATL) understand the significance of his/her role and responsibilities, how to work with congressional staff and more.
- ADA Dentist and Student Lobby Day - Hundreds of dentists and dental students from across the country join together in the nation’s capital to advocate for their patients, profession and their practice. At the ADA Dentist and Student Lobby Day, attendees hear from political analysts, subject matter experts and politically involved dentists on issues that affect oral health in the United States. All ADA member dentists and ASDA Students are invited to join their colleagues to speak with One Voice United on Capitol Hill. All ADA Action Team Leaders are partially funded by the ADA to attend the conference and meet with their legislator.
ADPAC Partnership for Growth Program – Is your state society interested in and committed to meeting or exceeding annual fundraising and participation goals of your PAC? With assistance by ADPAC and financial support from the ADA, political action committee consulting firms can be retained to work directly with your state PAC to create and implement fundraising activities.
- Engage/ADA Legislative Action Center - The ADA Legislative Action Center is the ADA’s main advocacy tool. Every day, decisions are made in Washington that can affect dentists, dental students, patients, and the future of dental care in the United States. The ADA uses the Action Center to send out alerts, inform dentists on critical public policy issues, and put members in contact with their legislators.
- Opioid Prescribing Analysis - Read key insights from recent opioid prescribing data and view totals of filled opioid prescriptions by state.
- Principles for Model Legislation - The Council on Dental Benefit Programs offers Principles for Model Legislation for state dental societies to use in their legislative efforts. The ADA has identified concepts that could be included in a number of state legislation issues to aid your efforts and will continue to monitor legislation across states and update principles when needed.
- State Legislative Report - The State Legislative Report is a publication of the ADA's Department of State Government Affairs. It is intended solely for the use of ADA members and constituent and component societies and provides the opportunity to republish articles for your benefit.
– Questions? –
Contact your Dental Society Outreach Manager or the Member Service Center at 800.621.8099 or 312.440.2500 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. central time. You may also visit the Member Center 24/7 at ADA.org/membercenter.