Developing a marketing plan isn’t something you do once and then cross off your “to do” list. Because marketing is a marathon, not a sprint, it’s important to design a plan that is fluid, sustainable over time, and that can change depending on the season, the economy and the needs of your practice.
The overarching concepts of what you should consider when developing a marketing strategy are included here; consult the resource Checklist for Launching a Marketing Strategy for specific steps and tips to get your started.
Identify – or create – your practice’s “brand.”
- Devise a strategy and establish benchmarks.
- Build a responsive and mobile-friendly website.
- Track patient calls at the front desk.
- Ask satisfied patients for referrals and online reviews.
- Wait to launch any marketing tactics until you have a fully-defined plan and supporting strategies in place.